The SI-90 system has been designed to meet the heaviest functional reliability and availability requirements, particularly of the companies that operate in the field of energy production and transformation, where it shows excellent resistance to electromagnetic disturbances and a continuous operability in difficult environmental conditions. Its capacity is demonstrated by the compliance with the requirements of fault tolerance set by the International Standards IEC 61508, and thanks to this compliance, it has obtained the level SIL3 (Safety Integrity Level 3) certified by a third party agency.
In order to achieve this results, the panel has been manufactured with some particular features:
- Hot backup redundant CPU’s
- Hot swap of all cards, including CPU’s, with automatic reconfiguration
- Redundant and looped communication bus between cards and CPU’s
- Periodical automatic testing of card inputs and outputs
- Self-diagnostics and signalling of card and CPU fault
- Automatic safety disabling of malfunctioning cards
- CEI EN 50130-4 immunity requirements (EMC) widely exceeded (IMQ Report)
- The cards of interface with devices can be redundant
For more information, please download the catalogue.